Some wellness experts say you should walk 10,000 steps a day for heart health and others say 30 minutes a day is all you need to keep your heart strong. Whichever you believe, exercise should be an important part of your every day routine. If you’re someone like me who finds cardio a little boring, you might look to find a new way to spice it up.
I recently deleted every song I had on iTunes off my phone to start listening to more podcasts. I find that listening to podcasts helps keep my mind distracted from the monotony of walking and I always try to listen to things that are long enough for my walk. Since I usually try to walk for an hour, I usually listen to one podcast that is 60 minutes, or two 30 minute podcasts. What is the most important part of podcasts? Listening to something that excites you! I learn so much on my walks and it makes my whole day more enjoyable knowing I got a little extra information in my brain for the day. Podcasts also work great for long car rides. Below are a few of my favorites!
• The Healthy Moms Podcast: This is probably my favorite podcast of all time. I might not have any children of my own, but this podcast is for any woman who wants to learn more about her body and a more natural way of life. Katie, “The Wellness Mama” interviews lots of different experts about women’s health, children’s health, natural remedies and cooking. I’m constantly learning from her and every book that’s recommended I immediately want to buy.
• Botanical Biohacking: This podcast is all about combining eastern and western medicine to help common illnesses and injuries. The best part about this podcast is that it is all backed by science. It not only applies to humans, they often talk about illnesses that affect pets as well!
• The School of Greatness with Lewis Howes: This podcast is for anyone looking to feel good. Lewis Howes, a former professional Arena League football player, now has started a podcast to help inspire people. He interviews experts in many different fields and helps explain how these experts came to be where they are today. For anyone who is looking to move up in their jobs or start a business, this is definitely the podcast you want to listen to.
• Power & Purpose with Mastin Kipp: I love Mastin Kipp. The Author of “The Daily Love,” brings to you a podcast about how to get past all your personal issues. He’s not only inspiring, but he also really understands people and how they hold themselves back. His podcasts are usually only about 6-7 minutes long, but they give you the jumpstart you need in the morning to get you up and motivated!
• The Charged Life with Brendon Burchard: Brendon, Author of, “The Motivation Manifesto,” brings a 20 minute podcast to motivate you. He explains different ways to tackle different obstacles and the best ways to push through anything holding you back. He gives his own personal stories and advice that most people can relate to.
That’s all I have for now, but I’m hoping to get more podcasts soon. If you have any recommendations I would love to hear them! Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Leave a Reply